For those of you who aren’t aware, this Thursday Thirteen thing is a weekly sorta gig. You just babble about 13 random things for the week – – nothing specific. It’s not topical (thank god – – cuz with my ADD, I find it hard to stay on topic!). Just 13 random things from the week. This is harder for me than you’d think . . . maybe because I don’t think 13 things from my week are blog worthy?? But then . . blog worthy according to who? So here it is. My 13 random bits:
- Leanne has a great thing going with this Thursday Thirteen thing . . it’s fun. I have confided in her that it’s nothing personal, just doing it every week is too much of a committment for me. I suck. I know it. She loves me anyways.
- Vacations are great! When you can take time away, spend some fantastic time with friends and family! The drawback? The piles and piles of emails, messages and work waiting for you when you return, making you wish that you never went on vacation in the first place. Oy!
- WordPress 2.0 is coming out as a final release soon. The blogosphere is all a flutter with excitement. Seems most of the changes are internal … meaning, unless you’re a developer, you won’t really notice them, visually. My question is – – with the auto-thumbnailing of images finally work out of the box? What’s new in this version? Glad ya asked – check it out I’m a big WP fan, for sure – so every new release gives me thrills. God when did I get so boring?
- The domain: blogging.com is for sale. The asking price? A cool 2 mil – – I’m seeking venture capital. Anyone?
- My dad is a big Johnny Cash fan. My daughter is a big Grandpa fan. So, today, she called him and asked him if he wanted to go see “Walk The Line” with her tomorrow night. He then called me and said, “I have a date Friday night!” How cute is that?
- Since I’m going to be the wife of a multi-million dollar business owner . . is it bad form to try and weasle my way out of their company Christmas party in Atlanta this year?? That’s not very corporate-wife-like behaviour, is it? Damn. Thought so.
- Speaking of Chris – he sent me the following IM on Yahoo today:
him: i feel a need to tell you i love you
me: awwww.. you’re so sweet – I love you too
Sickening, isn’t it? Nah.
- For anyone who read about my sons U.S. History Chronicle Project last month? He got an A++ on the project. A total of 180 points out of a possible 160. Yay him!! He was SO proud!
- Random thought: Too many business ideas. Not enough time in a day. Need solution.
- Chris picked up a Treo 650 and it rocks. I’m thinking of getting one, myself. It’s a phone. I’ts a camera. It’s a camcorder. It’s a computer. It’s a PDA. I’m liking it a lot. And it’s his. It’s not mine. I want.
- Today’s Note: Jealousy is a really ugly thing. It makes people do all sorts of bizzare stuff, act in really strange ways and creates a lot of negative energy all around. Avoid it. Completely.
- I’ve been asked by several people lately if I Skype. I don’t. Should I? do you?
- It’s December and still not enough snow on the ground to get in any decent skiing. They are making snow at our ski hill and have opened on one run so far. One run. Imagine all the desperate ski bunnies out there trying to feed the beast on one run. Major skijam. We’re waiting until all runs are open. Time to build a fire, mix a drink and relax
You can grab Thursday Thirteen over by Leanne – the fabulous creator of this fun . . thing!
Other Thursday 13’s:
Colleen aka Chickadee
Judy @ Insecure
Sage @ A Cluttered Mind
Better Safe Than Sorry
“D” @ Straddling the Line
Carolyn @ PrairieRose
Mary @ Fireflies & Frogs
Jen @ Jen’s Horde
Lisa @ The Shizzle
Angie @ Big Red Couch
Carolyn @ Geeky Mama
Janet @ FondofSnape
Jennifer @ Open Book
Jessica @ Daydreams & Musings