WHEW! Things that got done this weekend:
- I baked 3 dozen of 5 different kinds of Christmas cookies (that’s 180 cookies!), made batch of homemade Hot Buttered Rum mix to freeze and enjoy throughout the winter, and made a big batch of homemade eggnog to enjoy throughout the holidays
- One dozen of each go to my mother (she gives me 5 dozen – 1 dozen each of 5 different kinds. That way – we each of 10 different kinds of Christmas cookies).
- Another dozen of each went to Atlanta with Chris for his employee Christmas party this week
- Got the Christmas tree Saturday night – – got it up Sunday morning. Will decorate tonight
- Got the Christmas lights hung outside the house – – along with 6 six foot white wire Christmas trees strung with white lights placed around the front of the house. Got all this done during a snow storm with at least a foot and a half of snow accumulated in the yard.
- Got the inside of the house all decorated (except for the tree)
- Got Chris all packed up and sent off to Atlanta for the week – – he should be boarding his plane as I write this
All of this along with dealing with a wayward teenage daughter with a million f’n TONS of attitude. I can’t even get into what we had to go through with her this weekend (in particular Friday evening) .. it’s just too…blech…to get into – – just suffice to say: if that kid sees the light of day by 2007. . . she’ll be lucky.
Now all I have to do is get out all my Christmas cards . . . then I can start working on my wedding invitations that I want to have out by the end of the year.
Not hectic. Not. Hectic. At. All.