I’m really excited to announce that I am keeping myself busy at SXSW Interactive 2009 by appearing at the ServerBeach exhibit booth in the Exhibit Hall on the following days and times:
- Saturday, March 14 from 1-4pm
- Sunday, March 15 from 1-4pm
- Monday, March 16 from 1-3pm
Let me back up just a minute here and explain. We have been extremely happy clients of ServerBeach going on 6 years now. They are the infrastructure behind our hosting business at Blogs About Hosting, which gives us the ability to provide a quality hosting product to our clients there, and at E.Webscapes – through their powerful (by that, I mean, kick a**!) dedicated hosting equipment and services. Over the years, we have developed a real solid relationship with them from a happy customer standpoint, as well as becoming friends with some of the great folks they have working at ServerBeach. ServerBeach also has a long, and successful, history with Automattic, having worked together with them on the WordPress.Com project.
A partnership between myself and ServerBeach was inevitable! SXSW 2009 is the perfect place for ServerBeach and I to come together to provide festival attendees with some exciting goings on at the ServerBeach exhibit booth. I will be appearing at the ServerBeach exhibit booth at the following times:
Saturday March 13: 1-4pm
Sunday March 14: 1-4pm
Monday March 15: 1-3pm
- WordPress For Dummies: ServerBeach will be giving away free copies of WordPress For Dummies at their booth, and as a bonus – I will be present in the times stated above, to do book signings. So stop by the ServerBeach booth and pick up your FREE autographed copy of WordPress For Dummies. Already have a copy? No problem – stop by the booth to say hi … I love to meet my readers, and I’ll sign your copy!
- WordPress Q&A: During the times I will be at the ServerBeach booth, I am also available to do a quickie WordPress Q&A if you have any specific questions on how to use WordPress on your site or blog. I’ll have my laptop ready with a clean install of WordPress open, ready for your questions.
- Premium themes, anyone?? I do a lot of custom design work for WordPress users over at E.Webscapes – – for SXSW I am doing 5 free Premium themes for WordPress users – available ONLY to SXSW attendees who stop by the ServerBeach exhibit booth on March 14-16, 2009. Here’s what you do: stop by the booth and ask for the super secret link to Lisa’s Premium WordPress themes they are giving away. That’s it! (the themes are free and completely GPL). I will be guest posting a bit over on the ServerBeach Blog and giving away a few more details on these themes, including some teaser shots and info. Subscribe to the ServerBeach Blog RSS Feed to get those updates as they come over the next few weeks leading up to the SXSW Interactive Festival! (ServerBeach might might give these themes away to the general public after SXSW is over – that is up to them, but for now, they’re available from the ServerBeach exhibit booth at SXSW exclusively.)
I’m very excited to be working with ServerBeach at SXSW – their company philosophy, targeted at geeks like me, strikes a chord, as a customer – and their involvement and interest in the WordPress project is always a sure and straight way to my heart! As a very satisfied customer of theirs for almost 6 years, this was an opportunity I could not let pass me by. Are you planning on being in Austin for SXSW? I would truly love it if you’d stop by the ServerBeach exhibit booth to say hi!