This weeks Thursday 13 is all about resolutions for the New Year. It’s good to have goals, isn’t it? Some are easier than others – – some I may not reach at all – – I’ll just make ’em do-vers for next year. :
- Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions? Post them on your blog and enter the free blog design giveaway we’re running now through midnight 12/31/05!
- My biggest resolution for the New Year is of, of course, to become Mrs. to the gorgeous hunk-o-man I currently share my home with. That is the biggest, brightest and greatest event I have planned this year!
- Another goal I’m working on is to reach that ellusive size 8. In the past 10 years – – my body has seen size 16, 14, 12 and 10 . . I started my diet and exercise program on Monday with size 8 jeans in mind by June. Can she do it?
- Really, really do the volunteer Ski Patrol this year, instead of talking about doing it, and talking more about why I couldn’t do it this year.
- Continue being the homework nazi from hell and see my kids through yet another year of high school. It’s harder than you’d think!
- Keep a cleaner, more organized office. You’d be amazed to see the disorganized chaos that I allow my office to get sometimes!
- Cook more home-cooked meals. With this diet of mine – – I have big cooking daily cooking plans. My family will have never eaten so good!
- Keep those mother-daughter date nights more regular. Both of us let other things get in the way too often. I miss those movie dates, or shopping dates – – they are too few and far between.
- Be more sociable in life. It’s too easy for me to work, work, work at my computer all day long – – I fear becoming a hermit.
- Pick up the piano playing more regularly. I plunk around on occassion. I sat down teh other day and started playing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata and actually HAD to look at the sheet music. /eek!
- Stick to my business plan for 2006 like glue.
- Relax more with some scheduled ‘me time’ away from work, while still keeping true to my work ethics and responsibilities.
- Obtain my scuba certification before our honeymoon in Bon Aire. I’m a good snorkeler, though! But being a touch claustraphobic? Scuba diving holds some real challenges for me.
You can grab Thursday Thirteen over by Leanne – the fabulous creator of this fun . . thing!
That’s all I have for now. The lunatic is on the grass.
So, leave a trackback from your Thursday 13 to mine – and you’ll automatically be linked here as a Thursday 13 participant. Your blog software does not support trackback pinging, you say? It doesn’t need to – you can use Wizbang’s Standalone Trackback Pinger to send a trackback from your post to any blog in the blogosphere.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!