This makes for three weeks in a row that I’ve completed the Thursday Thirteen. But since Leanne added me to the blogroll – I figured I better keep it up for awhile, eh? Besides, it’s a little fun in middle of my week of total chaos! Here’s my 13 bits for the week:
- I recieved a wonderful testimonial from a recent client – – part of her testimonials stated the following: “…Should she ever need a place to live, food to eat or a compliment on her hair..I’m totally ready” – – that girl better hope I never end up homeless! Thank you, Emily!
- After the 6 inches of snow fell last night — I was up this morning at 6am and made sure I told the kids to walk around the yard to get to their bus, instead of walking through the yard – – I didn’t want them mucking up the freshly fallen beautiful snow with their footprints across the lawn.
- I have all my Christmas Shopping DONE and DUSTED! Now I just have to wrap it up!
- Standing in the living room of my house, I could see the christmas tree shaking. I looked for one of the cats under the tree to see if they were shaking ornaments down…when, instead, near the very top of the tree, I saw a little white head pop out of the branches, right underneath the star tree topper. Bubba climbed up the middle of the tree and was now stuck at the top. The little shit!
- Chris called from Atlanta. They scored a huge client contract this week! I’m so dammed proud of that man! Much celebration to be done when he gets home tomorrow!!
- On my radio right now? “My Angel is a Centerfold” – J. Geils Band. Yea, I know – I’m just too lazy to change it.
- I’m still jonesing for Alias Season 5 – – has anyone taped it?
- My daughter called my mother this week. “Grandma? Do you need any help with your Christmas cookies this year??” – – so she spent 4 hours over there yesterday helping Grandma bake her Christmas cookies. Sometimse I think that kid is the devil – – othertime, she is the sweetest thing in the entire world!
- She’s still stalking my blog trying to find out if I hint at her Christmas presents. No luck, kid. Go away.
- Last week, I shared a homemade eggnog recipe. It was really good – you should try it! This week, here is my recipe for Hot Buttered Rum (it can be made without the rum for the kids!):
1 lb. butter, room temperature
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 lb. brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. nutmeg
1 gal. vanilla ice cream
Combine butter, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg; cream with an electric mixer. Stir in ice cream. Put in freezer overnight. When ready to serve put 1 shot rum (1 1/2 ounce) in each mug. Add 2 tablespoons of the frozen mixture and hot water to fill mug to each serving. Makes 40 servings. Mix can be put into smaller containers and frozen to use in small batches.
This is absolutely yummy – – and a great ‘comfort’ drink on those cold winter nights!
- When sending an e-invoice to a client this morning, I wasn’t thinking. I typed in my own email address instead and billed myself. Duh.
- Music: I’ve been totally filling my Pink Floyd obsession lately. Over filling it. When it comes to Pink Floyd? Over-induldgence is a GOOD thing!
- For those of you in New York? I really, really hope the transit doesn’t strike like the news reports mention! That would NOT be a good thing.
You can grab Thursday Thirteen over by Leanne – the fabulous creator of this fun . . thing!
That’s it. Rock and roll, hootchie koo.
So, leave a trackback from your Thursday 13 to mine – and you’ll automatically be linked here as a Thursday 13 participant. Your blog software does not support trackback pinging, you say? It doesn’t need to – you can use Wizbang’s Standalone Trackback Pinger to send a trackback from your post to any blog in the blogosphere.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Thirteen’s I’ve read so far: