Seriously, am I going to have to put this on my regular monthly calendar: “Run newest upgrade of WordPress”.
Ok ok, it’s free software – the development community has been hard at work debugging the latest 2.0 release and it’s still a really awesome content managment system. That said, I hope this is the last upgrade until the next big version release – – you know, the one that will do my laundry, wash my dishes and pick up my mail.
I upgraded to to WordPress 2.0.1 on this blog. This release has addressed 114 bugs that existed in the latest 2.0 version that was released a month ago. There are too many bug fixes to count, so go read that link if you’re interested in every single one. The ones that most affected yours truly that have been fixed include:
- Import from MT: Comments now import nicely, as they should
- Image Upload uses wrong size when sending to editor: fixed
- Inability for some users to send trackbacks in 2.0: fixed
- Cache re-enabled for safe mode hosts: THANK YOU
- Trackback and pingback sent to same blog causes only pingback to show: fixed
- inconsistent number of posts in wp_list_cats() and wp_get_archives(): fixed
Among those above items – many of the following items that frustrated many a user are now included/fixed in this new release:
- You can now specify an upload directory, and whether to use date-based storage or not.
- Caching has been fixed under certain PHP enviroments.
- Permalinks have been fixed for weird enviroments as well.
- XML-RPC uploading works.
- Compatibility with older versions of PHP.
- Several WYSIWYG fixes and cleanups.
- Imports now use much less memory.
- Now works with MySQL 5.0 in strict mode.
As Matt says, Happy blogging!
Side Note: We re-compiled Apache in the wee hours of the morning so we could include CURL on our servers, for those clients interested in running imports from Blogspot. This caused about a 2 minute downtime of all servers on our racks.
4 thoughts on “Another WordPress Upgrade”
I skipped the 2.0 release. Seems every release required a fix for trackbacks, blah.
I’m not looking forward to the upgrade, still running 1.5.2.
My Adblock blocks any and all html’s. Why?
Hi ! 😀